The Camp / Adventure Activity Accreditation Program has been specifically designed to set industry standards for campsites and/or adventure activity providers.
Developed with the support of the Australian Camps Association the program focuses on those key elements that are part of the day to day function of any Camp / Adventure Activity operation.
When you choose a business with the Camp / Adventure Activity accreditation you can expect:
- Compliance with both business and industry specific regulations;
- Adherence to industry sector standards and codes of practice;
- A high level of Risk management procedures and training;
- Thorough human resources management with staff behaviour policies in place
- Specialised Activity policies and procedures that meet industry standards
The Department of Education and Training (Victoria) recognises the program as an accreditation standard that ensures businesses meet the minimum criteria regarding safety and suitability.
Victorian Government schools using residential campsites for overnight camping must use accredited campsites through only two recognised programs, one being ATAP Camp Adventure Activity accreditation. Only those ATAP businesses that display the specific Camp/Adventure Activity logo are recognised.